The mission of the Plant Center is to enhance the tradition of outstanding research in plant molecular biology and genetics at the University of Georgia.
Its members share common interests in:
- The growth, development and behavior of plants and their associated organisms,
- The organization, evolution and function of plant genomes, and
- The improvement of plants for agricultural or industrial uses
The Plant Center achieves its purpose through:
- An annual retreat that brings together plant scientists from across the UGA community.
- Research seminars featuring nationally-renowned speakers covering cutting edge topics.
- Workshops and symposia highlighting research breakthroughs, technological advances, etc.
“The Plant Center enriches my research by re-energizing and re-focusing my ideas and approach to plant biology.” – Josh Clevenger